7.22.16 A little Poetry

Written by my friend Jen Fecu on July 4, 2016.
Jen is a mom of two adult daughters, studying towards her Bachelor's degree.  She is smart, beautiful, warm, thoughtful and curious.  Jen is currently an inmate at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility serving "25 to Life".

"Positive"
How can I counter
the maladaptive culture
I am Immersed in
The very nature of the beast
That incarcerated me
Is to divide and conquer.
---------
Education
and sharing
and understanding
and using it wisely
to up-lift self and others is
the only weapon
we have to use 
against the oppression.
----------
Education OPENS my eyes
to what is and why.
I can CREATE real growth.
Cultivated, it is developed from
within me.  Immersed 
IN a culture that IS violent,
HOW CAN IT NOT BE
Internalized.
----------
I brace myself
with Honesty and Integrity
to build myself up and
to lead by example, My Daughters.
---------
Can there be a greater
Purpose in this life than
to become a conscious
driving Force in the Fight
for equality amongst this human race.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment