10.7.16 The time is NOW!

It's here.  It's happening.  The time is now.  We are being asked to break our own hearts and look inside in order to see our truest self.  We have the privilege and opportunity to renew our commitment to be our best self our "higher self".  We are actually commanded to forgive the other.  First, we must forgive ourselves.  All of this self reflection, soul searching, truth reaching will lead us to our sacred self, and a deeper connection to others, and ultimately to The Other - that Divine presence in the world.  Don't waste one second! 

A poem and teaching to move us along:

The world was created,
and before me there was love,

and after me there will be love

so what will I do in between,

with this single life I have been given?

Will I be ferociously courageous?
Will I make waves and make amends?
Will I stand on the edge of the unknown and feel frightened down to my toes
but do it anyway?
And again,
I pray so, I pray so,
even when weary and worn,
with light carrying me on the gravel road

from here to somewhere I can't see.

Be my eyes and my hands
so I can lead with my spirit,

so I can follow where the fresh air goes.

Because before me there was love,
and after me there will be love,
and my goodness, with all the might I know,
I will hold that birthright close to my chest,
forgive the (un)expected insanity of this beautiful mess of humanity,

and be the love I was blessed to inherit,

Your Higher Self
Written by Meredith Levick, writer of a weekly e-letter called Morning Love Letter
Looking forward to being together for Yom Kippur. 
Shabbat shalom u'mevorach,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment