9.9.16 Are you ready?

Are you coming to dinner?  Let's celebrate Shabbat together with great people, rich melody and delicious food! Details below.
How is your ELUL check-in going?  Are you taking time to reflect?  Are you breathing into the narrow places?  Are you getting ready for the Holy Days?
Love is powerful.  It can elevate us to great heights.  It can provide meaning and depth.  In order to fully love, we must first love ourselves.  The month of ELUL gives us four weeks to engage in the intentional practice loving ourselves.  This can bring us closer to being able to fully love the other.
A poem by Leonard Nimoy.  This poem is part of a longer work that was published in 1973 that included a blend of poetry and black and white photography.
I am not immortal.
Whatever I put off for later
May never be.
Whoever doesn't know now
That I love them
May never know.
I have killed time.
    I have squandered it.
            I have lost days...weeks...
As a man of unlimited wealth
Might drop coins on the street
And never look back.
I know now, that there will be an end,
A limit.
But there is time
Valuable and precious time
To walk,
        talk,
            breathe.
Time to touch,
        taste,
            care.
To warm the child
Who is cold and lonely.
There is time to love
I promise myself...
            I will.
I am
I am ready
I am ready to give
I am ready to give and to receive
I am ready to give and to receive love
Shabbat shalom u'mevorach.  Wishing you and yours a Shabbat filled with rest and blessing.
Laurie
Tracker Pixel for Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment